Working from home has become the new normal in recent times, and it’s essential to have a comfortable and conducive workspace. A garden office is a perfect solution to this problem. It offers an ideal space to work, free from the distractions of the main house. At Timberland Sheds Direct, we believe that having a garden office is not just a luxury, but a necessity. In this article, we will discuss the benefits of having a one, the difference between a summerhouse and a garden office, and the planning permissions required.
Do I Need Permission for a Garden Office?
The short answer is, it depends. In most cases, you won’t require planning permission if the garden office is within the specified size and height. However, if you live in a listed building or a conservation area, you may need to apply for planning permission. Additionally, if the office is intended to be used for commercial purposes, you will need to seek planning permission. We advise our clients to consult with their local council to ascertain the requirements for their specific location.
Read this link for more help and advice.
How Tall Can a Garden Building Be Without Planning Permission?
A garden building can be up to 2.5 meters in height without planning permission, provided it’s not within two meters of the boundary. If you intend to have a higher garden building, you will need to apply for planning permission. At Timberland Sheds Direct, our garden buildings comply with the required height and size regulations, making the installation process seamless.
What is the Difference Between a Summerhouse and a Garden Office?
A summerhouse is a garden structure designed to provide a comfortable space to relax in during the summer months. They are often used for recreational purposes. On the other hand, a garden office is designed to provide a functional workspace, often insulated and equipped with electricity and heating. While both structures serve different purposes, they can be customized to meet individual needs.
10 Benefits of Having a Garden Office
- Work from Home Comfortably: It provides a comfortable and functional workspace, free from the distractions of the main house.
- Cost-Effective: Compared to renting office space, it is a more cost-effective solution.
- Increased Productivity: A garden office offers a conducive environment that allows for increased productivity.
- Customisable: It can be customised to meet individual needs, with options for insulation, electricity, and heating.
- Increased Property Value: It can add value to your property, making it an excellent investment.
- Easy Installation: At Timberland Sheds Direct, we provide hassle-free installation, ensuring that your building is up and running in no time.
- Multi-Purpose: It can be used for more than just work; it can also be used as a recreational space or a storage area.
- Better Work-Life Balance: It can provide a clear separation between work and home, allowing for a better work-life balance.
- Eco-Friendly: A garden office reduces the carbon footprint associated with commuting to a traditional office.
- Reduced Commuting Time: It eliminates the need to commute to work, reducing stress and saving time.
In conclusion, a garden office is an excellent addition to any home. It offers a comfortable and functional workspace that allows for increased productivity, improved work-life balance, and reduced carbon footprint. At Timberland Sheds Direct, we provide garden building solutions that cater to individual needs. Contact us today to design your perfect garden building and take the first step towards a more productive and fulfilling work-from-home experience.